Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Knock, knock ... bonus coverage

Where is all the outrage about judicial activism? The way I understand it, according to the good folks from Justice Sunday, is that judges aren’t supposed to be breaking new ground and making law.

Well, Scalia & Co. in Hudson v. Michigan are challenging the exclusionary rule, a rule that’s been in place in American law since 1914. Pitching that rule would be an absolute sea change in the law. If that’s not judicial activism, I don’t know what is.

So, as Bob Dole so eloquently said, “where’s the outrage?”

Or, could it be that the vitriol from the hard right about judicial activism wasn’t about the process, but just about the outcome …

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impeach Earl Warren

Law-Talking Guy said...

Have to dig him up first, that's always a drag.

Anonymous said...

okay, Patrick, so you're up at 7:50 AM blogging, don't you get enough sleep. LOL blogging peaks my interest although with all that internet research potential employers are using now adays. I don't know if'll I'll be safe. oh, I don't know. it's late and time to go home. take Care. I'll read more later when the time is right, thanks. jriver

Anonymous said...

okay, Patrick, so you're up at 7:50 AM blogging, don't you get enough sleep. LOL blogging peaks my interest although with all that internet research potential employers are using now adays. I don't know if'll I'll be safe. oh, I don't know. it's late and time to go home. take Care. I'll read more later when the time is right, thanks. jriver